Whose Land Really Is It ?
THE FACTS BEHIND THE ISRAEL / PALESTINIAN CONFLICT
Israel or Palestine? – The Facts
Four Indesputeable Reasons why it is the land of the Jewish people
1/ The Bible – the Word of the Lord
As Christians, when we look for the answer to this question, there is only one place we should search. Not on CNN or the BBC ! The Bible is the only authority. If you follow the line of these verses, it suddenly becomes very clear who the disputed land belongs to ………
Psalm 24:1 The Earth is the Lords and all its fullness It’s the Lord’s land – He can do what he wants with it
Psalm 115:16 The Heavens are the Lords, but the Earth He has given to the children of men
Acts 17:26 And He has determined their pre-appointed times, and boundaries of their dwellings.
What Land Are We Talking About ……….
Genesis 15: 18 On the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying: To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates
And now for the most binding and legitimate land deed ever written, because it was written by God Himself ……………
Psalm 105:6-11 The covenant which He made with Abraham, and His oath to Isaac and He confirmed it to Jacob for a statute; to Israel as an everlasting covenant, saying “TO YOU , I will give the land of Canaan.”
Jeremiah 30:3 For behold the days are coming says the Lord that I shall bring back from captivity my people Israel & Judah, says the Lord and I will cause them to return to the land I gave their fathers, and they shall possess it !
“Yes”, you may say, “but Israel broke the covenant”. No they didn’t ! When God cut the coven-ant with Israel, He put Abraham to sleep. Israel disobeyed God, but didn’t break the covenant promises. Abraham didn’t promise God anything – he was asleep. (Gen 15:12)
However God did scatter the Jews, but He also promised them that He would regather them at the end of the age. Deut 28:64 Then the Lord will l scatter you among all peoples, from one end of the earth to the other
2. The British Partition of Palestine
In 1917 British politician and Bible believing Lord Balfour presented a paper to the British government stating the case for a Jewish homeland. He divided the land following the Jordan River from the Golan Height to theRed Sea and across to the Mediterranean coastline. All of the land west of the Jordan was to be for the Jews.
3/ The San Remo Convention of 1923
The before mentioned Balfour Partition was only a paper for the British government – it carried no international authority. However in 1923 the San Remo Convention held in San Remo, Italyand attended by 51 member states of the League of Nations, including Britain, USA, Canada & Europe ratified or confirmed the Balfour Agreement giving all of the land west of the Jordan to the Jewish people.
4/ International Law – since the 6 Day War of 1967, the UN, the media and many politicians constantly claim that Israel is illegally occupying the territory that it gained during the brief war.
However international law clearly states that land gained in defence of external aggression is seen as the legitimate spoils of war.
On the surface, the cause of the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians, is over what is being called the ‘occupied territories’. They are not so much occupied as disputed. Both sides claim the same land as theirs. As we have seen in this paper, God has clearly given the disputed territories to the Jewish people. As Christians, we have no option, but to agree with the Lord
Here is a list of some conveniently overlooked facts in the current Middle East situation.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem – Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E. the Jews have had dominion over the land for 1000 years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years,Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied the city ofJerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6.Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Jewish Scriptures.Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran. King David founded the city ofJerusalem. Mohammed never came toJerusalem.
7. The American poet & author Mark Twain visited the Holy Land in the 1860’s. In a poll he carried in Jerusalem and found 4000 Christians, 7000 Muslims and 40,000 Jews. (from his book – Innocents Abroad)
8. Arab and Jewish Refugees. In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews 68% of the Arabs left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
9. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.
10. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Of the 100 million refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples’ lands. More than 5 million Jewish refugees have been completely absorbed into Israel, a country the size of the state ofNew Jersey.
11. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms
12. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.