David’s Comment: Israel and the ‘Church’ (Part 4) – Review of the Main Points
Romans 11:17 …… you being a wild olive have been grafted in among them and with them to become partakers of the goodness of the root Ephesians 2:19 Therefore you are no longer a foreigner, but a fellow citizen with the saints and the member of GOD’s household.
Over the last 4 weeks I have published a series of comments, beginning with Reconnecting the Disconnects, then moving on to the next 3 issues looking at the Biblical relationship of Israel and the true Body of Messiah – the Church. I did receive a good number of very positive and supportive responses, but I do realise that some of the points I have made are very different to the way most Christians believe. I believe that the LORD is wanting to reconnect the Church back to a very close relationship with Israel and the Jewish people, and back to the ways of the first few decades after the Resurrection of Yeshua. The complete restoration of both parts of Israel – the Jewish part and the non Jewish part – must happen before the LORD returns. So to close the series I will summarise the main points again …..
- The GOD of the Bible is YHVH, the Creator of the Universe and the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob – the GOD of Israel
- The GOD of Israel is a covenant making, covenant keeping GOD – He does not change His mind or break His covenant promises. He is the same yesterday today and forever. Malachi 3:6 – Hebrews 13:8
- Israel is His first born Son and the Head of the nations Exodus 4:22 – Jeremiah 31:7
- There are 5 Israels in the Bible – Jacob who became Israel, the 12 tribes of Israel, the Land of Israel, the Olive Tree of Romans 11, and the Kingdom when all comes to fulfilment.
- Every ‘Born-Again Believer has been grafted into the Commonwealth of Israel are are now fellow citizens with the Jewish family of GOD Romans 11:17 – Ephesians 2:19
- “Israel” is synonomous with “the Kingdom of GOD” because the GOD of the Kingdom is the GOD of Israel, and Jerusalem is the capital city of Israel and the Kingdom
- The Church ( Kahal, Ekklesia = Assembly = the Body of Messiah) began with people of the Jewish faith who accepted that Yeshua was the long awaited Messiah of Israel
- The words COVENANT / TESTAMENT are often used in place of each other, but they have very different meanings ………
- Covenant = Brit (Hebrew) = Diathiki (Greek) = a spoken or written agreement between 2 parties – a Testament is the written record of the Covenant
- The New Covenant was initiated with the House of Israel and the House of Judah and is the Torah written on our hearts Jeremiah 31:31
- The New Covenant Believers in the first few decades were mainly Jews who still lived a Jewish Torah based lifestyle Acts 21:20
- Today hundreds of thousands of Jewish people worship YHVH and Messiah Yeshua in Israel and in the nations.
- The Torah was given to Israel whose role was to be a Light to the Nations and to teach the nations how to live a good healthy life Isaiah 2:3
- The Torah is really the complete Bible, as the teaching of Yeshua, and the New Testament epistles are based on the Torah and the books of the Prophets
- the Shabbat and the Feasts of the LORD are the official calendar of the Kingdom and are beneficial for every Believer to follow
- When Yeshua returns to set up the Kingdom in Jerusalem, the whole world will follow the calendar of the and the Torah will be the ‘protocols’ of the Kingdom Matthew 5:17-1 I tell you until Heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a jot or stroke will pass from the Torah
I pray that what I have shared with you over the last 4 weeks, will be confirmed and sealed in your heart and spirit by the Ruach ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit), and I pray that all of us will continue in our journey to be fully connected to the Father, Yeshua and the Ruach, and that we will all do our best to help others in the Body of Messiah get reconnected to the Olive Tree. As that happens I believe that more and more of our lost relatives, friends, neighbours,and the people who we work with, and multitudes around the world will also get connected to GOD and to Israel.
The LORD bless you as you bless Israel by standing in defense of her right to exist on all of the land given to the Jewish people by the GOD of Israel. Please pray that all Israel will turn back to their GOD. Do not be silent, but share this with your fellow Christians, share it with your pastors, and with anyone you have a chance to speak to. Lets also pray for a breakthrough to the Muslims, and please remember to pray Divine protection for all of the soldiers in the IDF.
Shabbat Shalom ….. David & Josie h
This Week’s News Items
1. Two Gazans Killed at Gaza Riots on Friday INN News Sept 7th
Two Gaza teenagers were reportedly killedon Friday in clashes with Israeli troops along the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel, in what the IDF called ?especially violent? riots. The Hamas-run health ministry identified one of those killed as a 17-year-old. A second teenager was shot in the stomach east of Gaza City, the ministry said. The ministry said another 66 people were injured in the clashes, 38 from live fire. The IDF had no immediate comment on the deaths but said some 6,200 rioters took part in the weekly ?March of Return,? including hundreds that rioted. ?The riots were especially violent and included the throwing of a large number of explosive devices, hand grenades and fire bombs at the fence and IDF soldier,? the army said, adding that there were extensive attempts to damage the border barrier. During the clashes Israeli soldiers arrested two Gazans who tried to enter Israel from northern Gaza, the IDF said. Pray that these riots stop before more people are killed and injured.
2. Five Rockets Fired From Gaza on Friday – IDF Responds Times of Israel News Sept 7th
Incoming rockets set off sirens in Israeli communities along the Gaza border late Friday after a series of deadly clashes along the border earlier in the day. The IDF said it had identified five projectiles that had crossed the border into Israeli territory. Israeli artillery and aircraft attacked several military targets belonging to the Hamas terror group in the northern Gaza Strip in retaliation, the IDF said in a statement. Rocket sirens wailed in the town of Sderot and the communities of Ibim and Kibbutz Or Haner. There were no reported injuries. Two women were being treated for shock. At least one rocket hit an open area outside Sderot and started a small fire. Pray that all rockets fired at Israel fall back on those who fire the, or are destroyed before they can cause harm and damage in Israel.
3. Iran Constructing Huge Military Base in Syria JNN News Sept 7th
Multiple intelligence sources reported this week that Iran is constructing a massive military base in Syria capable of housing thousands of troops and storing precision missiles. Sources claim the base, named the Iman Ali Compound, is being built by the Iranian Al Quids forces. The largest military base Iran has constructed in Syria to date is expected to be completed within months. It is located a mere 200 miles away from a USA military installation. Pray that Israel is able to find and destroy this new Iranian base inside Syria, before it can be used to attack Israel.
4. PM Netanyahu Taken Out of Election Meeting as Gaza Fires Rockets World Israel News Sept 10th
Israel?s Iron Dome defense system downed incoming rockets launched by terrorists in Gaza on Tuesday night. The rockets? trajectory prompted Prime Minister Netanyahu to evacuate a campaign event in Ashdod. A second rocket landed near Ashkelon, whose mayor Tomer Glam ordered all bomb shelters opened for residents of the city. In Ashdod, the rocket siren wailed in the middle of Netanyahu?s address, after which the prime minister reportedly urged audience members to ?quietly leave the area.? In Ashkelon, a campaign event by the Blue and White party was also interrupted by Gaza rocket fire. Gaza terrorists fired the rockets just hours after Netanyahu announced that he would extend Israeli sovereignty to the Jordan Valley if he commands a ?mandate? in next week?s national elections. Israel holds the Hamas terror group responsible for all rocket fire from the Gaza Strip. Following the rocket attack on Tuesday, Hamas forces evacuated posts throughout Gaza in anticipation of a retaliatory Israeli strike, which did occur as the Israeli Air Force bombed 15 Hamas sites later in the night. Pray that Hamas begins to honour the cease-fire that is in place, and that the rocket fire and Friday riots will stop.
5. PM Netanyahu Acts on Promise to Annex Areas that are a Part of the ‘Promised Land’ INN News Sept 12th
A day after pledging to extend Israeli law to the Jordan Valley if he forms the next Israeli government, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told parliament on Wednesday that he would ask the cabinet on Sunday to approve the legalization of Mevo?ot Yericho, located in the Jordan Valley area. Currently, it has the status of an unauthorized settlement outpost. Netanyahu took advantage of his address to the Knesset to confirm that he had ?told the U.S. over the past few days? about his upcoming election pledge regarding the imposition of Israeli sovereignty in the region which was captured by Israel in the 1967 Six Day War. ?I want to request from you a clear mandate to extend Israeli sovereignty on all the settlements,? the prime minister told the Israeli people in a televised address on Tuesday. Netanyahu announced his intention to immediately extend Israeli sovereignty over the Jordan Valley and the northern Dead Sea area should he be re-elected. The prime minister said that he would wait, out of respect for President Donald Trump, to annex the areas of Judea and Samaria in question until after the president presents his peace plan. Speaking in the Knesset on Wednesday, he denied that his announcement was an act of electioneering, saying that he has ?been working for years? to set the stage. ?It is a gradual process,? said PM Netanyahu. Pray that Israel will annex all of the land that GOD promised to Abraham and his descendants.
6. FDA Approves Ground-breaking Israeli Cancer Treatment JNN News Sept 10th
An innovative drug to prevent the proliferation of cancerous cells has just received FDA approval. The drug, a first of its kind in the world, was developed by Israeli scientist Dr. Sharon Shacham. During a trial that led to XPOVIO’s approval, 40% of leukemia patients saw their tumors shrink while patient life expectancy increased by three to five times as a result of the treatment. The drug is now undergoing advanced clinical trials for patients with brain cancer, lymphoma, myeloma, sarcoma, and uterine cancer. Pray that this long-awaited treatment in the battle against many forms of cancer will soon be made available – and that it will be affordable for all.
7. Terror Attack May Have Saved Israeli Girls Life World Israel News Sept 6th
Shira Sabag has gone through hell. The 20-year-old was seriously wounded in the Givat Assaf Junction attack on December 13, 2018. She is only just now getting out of the hospital. Recovery is a long process for all seriously injured terror victims. What makes Shira?s case unusual is that during the course of recovery she received more bad news. Doctors at Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem found a growth in her brain. The head doctor of Neurocardiology at the hospital, told Israel?s Channel 13 news that doing an overall check of every patient is standard practice. During a CT scan they found the growth ?by accident,? he said. Doctors determined that the four-centimeter growth was expanding. They arranged for an immediate operation, telling her they couldn?t wait until she was completely healed from the accident. ?It could have caused problems in the future and we caught it beforehand,? the doctor said. The doctors and her parents believe the discovery of the growth saved her life. Please pray for total healing, restoration and salvation for Shira and her family.