David & Josie’s Comment: An Invitation to Come and Pray With Us Zechariah 8:22 Many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem and to entreat the favor of YHVH J
As you are most likely aware, Josie has a specific calling and anointing to the ministry of Intercession. As a Messianic Jew, my specific calling is to be a blessing and a light to the nations, however this week Josie and I are writing this comment together to share the passion that we both have to connect with our brothers and sisters in the nations. We are sure that you agree with us that we are living at a very strategic time, that being even more true in Israel. Obviously the LORD is imparting that sense to the Body of Messiah world-wide, which is clear to see by the significant increase of Christians coming to Israel in a fulfillment of Isaiah 2:1 – 2 It shall come to pass in the last days that the mountain of the LORD’s house will be established as the highest of all mountains -and all nations shall flow to it.
Here on Mt. Carmel we are blessed to have visitors from almost every nation coming to worship with us at our weekly Sabbath service. The number of tourists entering Israel grew from 3 million in 2016 to more than 4 million in 2018 and only 20% of them were Jewish people. Most of the other 80% were Christians from every denominational group. Until recently most of the Christians are coming for their ‘Holy Land experience’, however we are also seeing a growing number of intercessors responding to the LORD’s call to come and pray in the Land. If we apply Psalm 133 to prayer we can say how good and pleasant it is when the Brethren pray together in unity, there the LORD commands a blessing. Josie and the prayer watch team at Carmel Congregation can testify of how the LORD releases the anointing when intercessors from the nations come to be participate in the weekly 2 hour worship and prayer watches. As the numbers coming to pray with us increases, so does the anointing.
Therefore, when you plan your next Israel trip, we are inviting you to come and join with us in prophetic worship and intercession before the Holy One of Israel on the mountain of Elijah, Mt. Carmel. If the schedule of your tour does not fit with one of the set worship and prayer watches, then if you contact us we can set up a private watch and we will arrange a worship leader if you don’t have one in the group. Carmel Congregation is just a few kilometers from the Elijah lookout, so most organised tours visit that location. You just need to encourage your tour leader to set aside 2 hours to offer your incense before the LORD on one of the rebuilt altars. For most people who do so, their time with us is the spiritual highlight of their tour. You will be blessed and we will be encouraged and strengthened as you stand in prayer with the Body of Messiah here in Israel. Every week we pray for the salvation of Israel, for the Glory of the LORD to fall on Israel / visitation, protection over our borders and the soldiers, wisdom for the government, and other points as the LORD leads. If the LORD is speaking to you as you read this comment, please email Josie for further information at email@example.com
The LORD bless you as you bless Israel by standing in defense of her right to exist on all of the land given to the Jewish people by the GOD of Israel. Please pray that all Israel will turn back to their GOD. Do not be silent, but share this with your fellow Christians, share it with your pastors, and with anyone you have a chance to speak to. Lets also pray for a breakthrough to the Muslims, and please remember to pray Divine protection for all of the soldiers in the IDF.
Shabbat Shalom ….. David & Josie h
This Week’s News Items
1. Israel On Alert for Iranian Missile Attack YNet News May 12th Israels Minister of Energy Yuval Steinitz said that Iran may attack Israel through its proxies, or even directly, in retaliation for the increased pressure brought on the Islamic Republic by the United States. Mr. Steinitz is a member of Israel?s Security Cabinet. ?If there?s some sort of conflagration between Iran and the United States, between Iran and its neighbors, I?m not ruling out that they will activate Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad from Gaza, or even that they will try to fire missiles from Iran at the State of Israel,? Steinitz told Ynet. Things are ?heating up,? Minister Steinitz said. Most recently, the U.S. announced it was setting up Patriot missile batteries in the Mideast. Last week, the U.S. declared that its sending the USS Abraham Lincoln and a B52 bomber squadron to the Middle East after it had received intelligence reports that Iran intended to attack U.S. forces in the region. The U.S. was not specific but reports later emerged that the intelligence might have been related to Iran moving short range missiles by boat, possibly as a prelude to an attack. On Wednesday, Iran threatened an ultimatum to European leaders that if the 2015 nuclear deal wasn?t revisited, it would restart uranium enrichment. The USA increase trade sanctions on Iran, also on Wednesday, targeting the country?s iron, steel, aluminum and cooper sectors. Pray that the good people of Iran will rise up and overthrow the present radical Islamic regime.
2. Islamic Jihad Threaten Major Attack on Israel United With Israel News May 12th
The Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in Gaza has threatened to renew its rocket attacks on Israeli targets if there is no progress in the discussions between Israel and Hamas on a ceasefire, adding that week?s attacks were only a prelude to a major war against Israel in the summer. A senior member of the terrorist organization, stated on Saturday that ?if Israel does not fulfill its part in the agreement of understandings for a ceasefire, the resistance has the means to compel it to fulfill the agreement.? Israel and Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip, are in the process on ironing out the details of a long-term ceasefire, which would entail an Israeli ease on the restrictions on Gaza in return for a cessation of the violence emanating for Gaza. Pray that any planned attack will fall back on the heads of those planning to harm Israelis
3. Israeli Arabs Protest While Jews Celebrate Independance Day United With Israel News May 12th
Every year, Israelis commemorate the declaration of Israel?s independence on Yom Ha?Atzmaut, a national holiday that includes air shows, state ceremonies, and massive barbecues, which Israelis participated in on Thursday. While most of the nation celebrated, groups of Arab-Israelis gathered in various locations to protest the ?nakba,? which means ?catastrophe? in Arabic and is the preferred term among anti-Israel activists for the creation of the Jewish state in the Jewish people?s ancestral homeland. This year, Israeli Arabs marched to the site of the former village of Khubbayza in the north of Israel. Marchers also demonstrated near Umm al-Fahm, displaying Palestinian flags and demanding the ?right of return? for displaced ‘Palestinians’ and all of their descendants. Several Arab-Israeli lawmakers joined the march on Thursday, such as Ahmad Tibi and Ofer Kassif. Pray that the protesting Arabs realise that their lives are much better under Jewish Israeli sovereignty.
4. E.U. Helping to Pay the Salary of Terrorists United With Israel News May 12th With both the United States and Israel exerting financial pressure on the Palestinian Authority to end its payments to terrorist prisoners and the families of ?martyrs,? the media watchdog group Palestinian Media Watch is raising concerns about recent donation by the European Union to the P.A. According to the official P.A. daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, on May 4, the European Union ?donated 15 million euros to pay the April  salaries and pension payments of approximately 57,000 P.A. public employees in Judea and Samaria.? However, the 15 million euro donation by the E.U. will fill the funding gap that P.A. leader Mahmoud Abbas recently created in order to continue payments to the families of terrorists in Israeli prisons, and the families of those killed while engaged acts of terror. ?Rather than condemning the P.A.?s practice of rewarding terrorist murderers, the E.U. is becoming a willing partner,? said the founder and director of Palestinian Media Watch. ?As money is fungible, the fact that the E.U.?s donation of 15 million euros is earmarked to cover the April salaries and pension payments of approximately 57,000 [P.A.] public employees, is in reality self-deception.? He added that the actions by the E.U. also ?directly contradict a recent E.U. statement that is against payment of salaries to terrorists.? The latest move by Abbas comes as he is pushing the Palestinian Authority to the financial brink as he is refusing to accept any tax revenues collected by Israel as long as Israel deducts payments made to families of security prisoners and ?martyrs.? Pray that the E.U. enforces the PA to stop the funding of the terrorists
5. Large Riots at Gaza Border on Naqba Day World Israel News May 15th Some 10,000 Palestinian Arabs rioted along the Israel-Gaza border, burning tires and throwing stones, an IDF spokesman said. Violence was expected as Wednesday marks ?Nakba Day? for the Arabs, the day of ?catastrophe? when they lost to Israel in 1948. Several attempts have been made to approach the border fence. The IDF is pushing back the rioters with crowd control means. Several injuries have been reported among the rioters, as well as one fatality. Fires have broke out near Israeli communities around the Gaza Strip, apparently ignited by arson balloons launched by Gaza terrorists. All businesses, government offices and schools were closed in the Gaza Strip to allow thousands to answer Hamas?s call to protest on the border with Israel. Since March 30 of last year, when Hamas began it?s so-called “March of Return”, in which thousands gathered to hurl stones and riot, large violent gatherings have taken place on a weekly basis, usually on Friday, on Israel?s border. Pray that the rioters realise the folly of their protests and that peace is re-established on the Israel / Gaza border.
6. Earthquake Shakes Jerusalem United With Israel News May 16th On Wednesday evening, Israelis in Jerusalem reportedly felt the ground shake during an earthquake that qualified as ?minor? on the Richter scale, the metric used to measure the size and strength of earthquakes throughout the world. The earthquake registered as a 4.5 magnitude, according to a report by Arutz Sheva based on data collected by Geophysical Institute of Israel. Any seismic events with a magnitude greater than 4.5 is strong enough to be recorded by the sensors of a seismograph anywhere in the world. According to the Geophysical Institute, the quake?s epicenter was in the ocean between Hadera and Haifa, several hundred miles away from the Israeli coast. Autz Sheva reported that Israelis in Jerusalem and other locations in the center of the nation felt tremors.
7. Arab Beauty Queen Rebukes British rocker Roger Waters wants to turn Eurovision 2019 into a platform to further bash Israel. In fact, bad-mouthing the Jewish state seems to have been Waters’ sole purpose in life over the past decade, during which he’s lobbied and even threatened fellow artists to join the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement. But in its latest bout with Waters, Israel received assistance from the most unlikely of people, an Arab beauty queen. This week, Israel plays host to Eurovision, the world’s largest televised singing competition. Waters is insisting that everyone, everywhere turn off their televisions to punish Eurovision for daring to collaborate with the Jewish state. Former Miss Iraq Sarah Idan was not impressed. The very fact that Idan would even speak out on Israel’s behalf belies Waters’ narrative that it is an apartheid state that hates all Arabs. Idan previously made waves when she befriended former Miss Israel Adar Gandelsman when the two were participating in the Miss Universe 2017 pageant. After posting a selfie with Gandelsman to social media, Idan and her family received numerous death threats forcing them to flee Iraq and seek asylum in the United States. Come to think of it, why isn’t Waters boycotting Iraq for being a country hostile toward those who seek peaceful coexistence? Pray that Roger Waters, who recently discovered that he is in fact Jewish, wakes up to the fact that he is seriously deceived.