.; A compilation of news reports from the past week for the information of those committed to .praying.
for the restoration of Israel
Josie’s Comment: By the Rivers of Israel ….. Where We Get Healed
Psalm 137:1 By the river of Babylon where we sat down and remembered Zion
I would like to share with you a portion from the story of Namaan in 2 Kings Chapter 5. We all know the story I am sure, but to refresh your memories, it is the account of Namaan, commander of the army of the King of Aran (Syria) at the time, who had leprosy and needed a healing from that serious, painful, and ugly disease. Elisha was the prophet of Israel at that time. And it all started with an innocent little Hebrew slave girl from Israel who was the maid of Namaan’s wife. This little Hebrew slave girl had a life changing message for the Syrian commander. She was recommending and directing Namman to the true source for his healing, through the prophet Elisha. But in reality, she was referring Naaman to the God of Israel, the God of all truth. In verse 10 of this chapter, it says that Elisha the prophet gave instructions to Namaan on what to do to receive his healing. They were very simple instructions. If the Syrian Commander obeyed them, he would become clean. In the original Hebrew text the word? clean is tahor which means pure. This was a simple and powerful biblical insight, that went against the grain of Naaman’s logic, but in the end, changed his way of thinking, and brought healing and release in his personal life, when he decided to follow God’s pattern.
In verse 12 we read that Namaan initially refused the instructions from Elisha saying that his rivers in Damascus were better than the river of Jordan in Israel, and he refused to follow through with the instructions. His leprosy continued to worsen. This was human pride at work. Sadly, this is what many of the those in the body of Messiah in the nations do today, refusing to acknowledge the powerful Hebraic roots and truth of our faith and God’s pattern of doing things, and replacing it with Greek based theology and doctrines, and just like Namaan, they are thinking our way (our river) is better.
In verse 13 Namaan’s servants convinced him that the prophet’s instructions were very simple and easy to execute, so he swallowed his pride and went to the Jordan River and followed the instructions of Elisha, dipping 7 times in the Jordan. Naaman was made pure and his skin became perfect, just like the skin of a baby. Verse 15 says, when he had been healed, he proclaimed. Behold, I now know that there is NO God in the world, except in Israel. Naaman not only received physical healing for his diseased body, but also a spiritual revelation of who was the true God, and? real proof that all good things come out of Israel. Namaan had nothing to lose, except his human pride. Out of this whole experience, he was healed and his life greatly improved. He received physical, mental and emotional healing, He knew where the true source of the healing power came from, He now understood who the true God was and that He is the source of life and goodness, He had a revelation of which God has all the power and authority. And it all came out of Israel, not Damascus!
Just like Namaan was challenged, I want to challenge you today. Do you have anything to lose by trying what we or any other Messianic ministry has to teach / share with you in the messages or teachings that come out of Israel. David and I come to you Out of Zion (Israel), not as prophets, but just like the little Hebrew slave girl who had heard from God. We share what we believe God has given us to bless you, and bring you revelation, success and healing. We pray that you will find healing and truth, whether it be physical, spiritual or emotional, and discover more of the God who you serve, the God of Israel. We pray your life will be greatly enriched, never to be the same again, changed forever, as you follow God’s pattern, just as Namaan did. Everything good, the best, comes out of Zion (Israel). We encourage you to get back to the ancient roots of faith, seeking to understand and pursue for revelation. Some of it will go against the grain of your upbringing, thinking and knowledge and you will want to reject it, but dont be like Naaman, stay close to the original pattern. Get God’s pattern for your life and follow it, just like Naaman did.
Finally, I want to repeat the special invitation that David gave last week to come and dip in the river of Israel and have a life changing experience. We are holding our 15th annual prayer and intercession tour from March 10 to 16, 2019. As well as praying for Israel and the Jewish people at strategic locations during the day, each night we will be having times of anointed worship, followed by a rich teaching from local Messianic leaders. For those who are in need of a physical healing, one of the Biblical sites we will be visiting, is the Pool of Siloam. We will also visit the Mount of Olives, The Western Wall, pray at the borders, meet and pray with combat soldiers, pray inside the government building (Kenneset). On Shabbat we plan to take the tour? group to the Carmel Assembly worship service. Plus more, and we know that just like Naaman you will return home with much more than you came with. If you want further details about the tour please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. .
The LORD bless you as you bless Israel by standing in defense of her right to exist on all of the land given to the Jewish people by the GOD of Israel. Please pray that all Israel will turn back to their GOD. Do not be silent, but share this with your fellow Christians, share it with your pastors, and with anyone you have a chance to speak to. Lets also pray for a breakthrough to the Muslims, and please remember to pray Divine protection for all of the soldiers in the IDF.
Shabbat Shalom ….. David & Josie
This Week’s News Items
1. IDF Finds 6th Terror Tunnel and Winds Down the Mission Times of Israel News Jan 13th The Israel military has announced that its effort to find and destroy Hezbollah cross-border attack tunnels was coming to an end, following the discovery of another such underground passage over the weekend. ?With the discover of this terror tunnel, the effort to locate the passages dug by Hezbollah that crossed the border into Israeli territory has been completed. The neutralization of this passage will be completed in the coming days,? the army said in a statement. ?According to our intelligence and our assessment of the situation there are no longer any cross-border attack tunnels from Lebanon into Israel,? army spokesperson Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus told reporters. On December 4, the IDF launched Operation Northern Shield to find tunnels that it says the Iran-backed Hezbollah terrorist group had dug into northern Israel from towns in southern Lebanon. The military confirmed discovering at least six tunnels during the month-long operation. ?In addition, the IDF is monitoring and is in possession of a number of sites where Hezbollah is digging underground infrastructure that has yet to cross into Israeli territory,? the army said. An IDF official said the military also noted that Hezbollah had stopped digging along the northern border during the past month, since the start of Operation Northern Shield. The army said the operation ?removed the threat from the citizens of Israel.? Pray that the IDF will continue to improve its readiness for war and its intelligence gathering systems
2. Terrorist Who Planned to Assassinate PM Netanyahu Sentenced to 11 Years in Prison World Israel News Jan 10th A 31 year old ‘Palestinian’ Arab who planned to assassinate PM Netanyahu, was sentenced to 11 years in prison. Most of the details of the indictment against the man remain hidden, according to Israel?s Hadashot news website. But what is clear is that he worked under the direction of foreign terrorist elements. The convicted terrorist wasn?t only going to target Netanyahu, but other senior Israeli figures, among them former Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat. He also planned to carry out attacks against Western entities in Israel, among them buildings belonging to the American consulate and Canadian representatives in Jerusalem. In order to advance their terror plans, the unnamed group he was working for intended bring in a terrorist from Jordan. According to the indictment, the terrorist had already started gathering information about his targets, under the instructions of a terrorist from Syria. Pray that any similar plans to attack Israeli leaders will be exposed and prevented
3. Foreign Powers May Attempt to Hack into Israel’s Election System Times of Israel News Jan 12th Prime Minister Netanyahu has stated that Israel leads the world in cyber-defense, following a report that an unnamed nation planned to meddle in its upcoming general election. Israel’s security agency has reassured the public it would not allow any outside meddling in upcoming general elections, after the security agency?s director warned a foreign country is planning to interfere ahead of the vote. ?The Israel Security Agency wishes to clarify that the State of Israel and the intelligence community have the tools and capabilities to locate, monitor and thwart foreign influence efforts, if there are any. It is within the ability of the Israeli defense establishment to allow the holding of free and democratic elections in the State of Israel,? it added. The statement followed a local television report that Shin Bet said that a foreign state ?intends to intervene? through cyberattacks in national elections on April 9. man attends the Defense and Foreign Affairs Committee meeting at the Knesset on November 6, 2018. ?I can?t say at this point for whom or against whom? the intervention will be, ?but it involves cyber[attacks] and hacking,? In further quotes said that he was ?100% certain that a foreign state try to will intervene in the upcoming elections, and I know what I?m talking about, I just don?t know in whose favor.? An opposition lawmaker called on Israel?s security services to prevent any foreign meddling that could sway the election results. The Shin Bet later issued a statement saying that Israel ?has the tools to locate, monitor and thwart attempts of foreign influence, if there should be any. The Israeli security establishment can enable holding democratic and free elections in Israel.? Pray that any attempt to interfere in the April elections will be exposed and blocked
4. Outgoing IDF Chief: Israel has Struck ?Thousands? of Iranian Targets in Syria Middle East Update Jan 16th The retiring IDF Chief of Staff (Israel?s highest military position) has revealed that Israel has carried out thousands of airstrikes, in fact on a daily basis, against Iranian military targets in Syria in recent years in a successful campaign to push back against the Islamic nation?s presence there. Gabi Eisenkot told the New York Times that Israel has concentrated its focus on preventing Iran from building a military presence in Syria, Israel?s hostile neighboring country to the north. This was the first time Israel confirmed the scale of this ongoing military campaign. Israel typically refrains from commenting on individual airstrikes in Syria. Eisenkot said that by 2016, Iran?s Quds Force had mobilized 3,000 men in Syria, along with 8,000 Hezbollah fighters and another 11,000 foreign Shiite troops. With this information, Israel?s security cabinet gave the army unanimous permission to increase strikes in Syria two years ago. And in 2018 alone, Eisenkot said Israel dropped 2,000 bombs on Iranian targets. Pray for a new revolution in Iran to rid the nation of its current radical Islamic leaders
5. Muslim Israeli-Arab to Run With PM Netanyahu in April Eections World Israel News Jan 8th PM Netanyahu’s Likud party introduced its first Muslim Arab-Israeli candidate, providing a strong reminder that Israel is a diverse, inclusive, and democratic society. Dima Tayeh is running for a seat in the Knesset as a member of PM Netanyahu?s Likud party. As a Muslim Arab-Israeli, she would like to serve in the legislature to help fight crime in her community and work for a better future for all Israelis, regardless of their religion. According to Tayeh, the existing Arab parties in the Knesset ignore their own communities, using the Israeli parliament as a soapbox to push their own agendas. She has high hopes for her political future and looks forward to working with the prime minister. Pray that more Israeli Arabs become supportive of PM Netanyahu ahead of the April election.
6. World Council of Churches Running BDS Program Inside Israel The World Council of Churches (WCC), an organization with a pronounced anti-Israel bias since its founding, has been shipping in activists to Judea and Samaria to ?witness life under occupation,? according to a report by NGO Monitor. These international activists work under the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI) and has brought 1,800 activists to Israel since its founding in 2002. These volunteers, known by EAPPI as ?Ecumenical Accompaniers,? travel to Israel on tourist visas. They are first trained for 10 days in Jerusalem, after which they are sent to various towns in Judea and Samaria as well as checkpoints and other friction points between Arabs and Jews. EAPPI maintains an ongoing presence of 25 to 30 of these activists, who stay in the country for a period of three months, ?offering protective presence, and witness, monitoring and reporting human rights abuses,? says the NGO Monitor report. The information these activists gather is ?fed into U.N. systems,? according to the report. Pray that the WCC organisation is banned from operating in Israel and that these anti Israel people have a revelation of the truth
7. Amazing Testimony of Hizbollah Terrorist Who Became a Rabbi A former Hezbollah member known as Ibrahim once fought against the Jewish State from Lebanon. The last thing you would expect to find out when you meet this unique man. He was born and raised in Lebanon, but underwent a radical transformation. In the first Lebanon war, Ibrahim met an Israeli soldier who helped his wife deliver a baby. That was the beginning of a relationship that he had with the IDF. In Lebanon, some Arabs hated other Arab terrorists in the area. Ibrahim was a Shiite who was deep in the Arab Civil War in Lebanon. He had to endure torture and all kinds of horrible things. He was both hated by the Hezbollah, but then served as one of them. But, he held a deep secret of revenge and turned into a spy for the State of Israel within the Hezbollah. Ultimately, Ibrahim escaped and found refuge in the State of Israel. And all of this is just the beginning of the story. The next part of the story is the story of Ibrahim deciding to become a Jew. Within a few years, he had studied enough and became an ordained Rabbi. Today, known as Rabbi Avraham Sinai, he lives a life like an ordinary Orthodox Rabbi. But his fascinating story is one in a million and is almost beyond comprehension.