.; A compilation of news reports from the past week for the information of those committed to .praying.for Israel
David’s Comment: Israel and the ‘Church’ – The Biblical Reality (Part 1)
Romans 11:17 …… you being a wild olive have been grafted in among them and with them to become partakers of the goodness of the root
Ephesians 2:19 Therefore you are no longer a foreigner, but a fellow citizen with the saints and the member of GOD’s household.
I am currently reading a book written by a respected British Christian leader. I have been greatly encouraged by what the author of the book the has written about Israel, the Jewish people, and the true Born-Again Believers, as it confirms everything that I have been trying to help the Church understand for the 22 years that I have been traveling to the nations. Of course there are many other people that teach the Biblical truth about this controversial subject, but most do not teach the radical position that I believe the LORD has placed in my heart, and the author of the book I am reading has exactly the same radical position. I believe that it is imperative that every person who is believing to spend eternity with the Creator of the Universe, fully understands their relationship to and with Israel and the Jewish people, so I am planning to write about this subject for the next 2 or 3 comments. This is part one ………
Here are the foundational dynamics of the Bible and the scriptual foundations of the New Covenant Believer as I understand it ….
The Bible, History and The LORD
* The Bible is the Holy Spirit inspired account of man’s on again – off again relationship with YHVH the Creator – the GOD of Israel
* The Bible is the account of man’s falling into sin and YHVH’s plan to reconcile humanity to Himself
* World history is war between YHVH and Satan over the restoration of GOD’s Kingdom on the Earth (the capital is Israel)
* YHVH is a covenant making covenant keeping God – you can not have a relationship with YHVH if you are not in a blood sealed covenant with Him
* YHVH does not change His mind or His plan – or break His covenant promises
* YHVH created and reconciled Israel to Himself through the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and David covenants, which are all progressive, and which are all fulfilled in the New Covenant
* The central element and ultimate fulfillment of YHVH’s salvation plan is the blood sacrifice of His Son – Yeshua the Messiah, which opened up the possibility of having a blood covenant relationship with the Father to every ethnic group on Earth, which also makes the hope of eternity in His Kingdom a reality for every human being.
* There are 5 Israels in the Bible – Jacob who became Israel, the 12 tribes of Israel, the Land of Israel, the Olive Tree of Romans 11, and the Kingdom when it all comes to fullfilment.
* “Israel” is synonomous with “the Kingdom of GOD” because the GOD of the Kingdom is the GOD of Israel, and Jerusalem is the capital city of Israel and the Kingdom
* the English word Church is not in the original text of the Bible. More than that the concept of a ‘Church’ that is a separated entity from Israel is also not in the Bible. The word used to describe what we call the Church (in English) in the New Testament is the Greek word Ekklesia – Matthew 16:17 On this rock I will build my Church (Ekklesia). However Ekklesia does not mean ‘the called out or separated ones’ as has been taught by Christian theologians. The same Greek word Ekklesia is used in the Septuagint (the Greek version of the Hebrew Bible) to describe the Jewish community. Ekklesia is the Greek translation of the Jewish word Kahal which translates as community or assembly. The Ekklesia refers to Israel
* the English word Church is related to the Dutch word Kirk and German Kirche,) which are based on the Greek word Kuriakon (Lord’s house), so it is legitimate to use the word Church related to the building where we meet to worship the LORD, but not for the people who are the Kahal or Ekklesia (community or assembly or congregation). And the true Ekklesia or Church must see itself as an intimate part of the Kahal of Israel, and behave accordingly. (more on that in Part 2 next week)
The Apostle Paul makes the situation perfectly clear with the explanation of the Olive Tree in Romans 11:17, clearly teaching us that the non-Jewish Believers have been grafted into the Olive Tree. In the Bible the Olive tree or Fig tree represents the nation of Israel. (Kahal or Ecclesia) This intimately close connection is confirmed in Ephesians 2:19 therefore you are no longer an alien or foreigner, but a fellow-citizen with the saints and the members of GOD’s household ( Kahal or Ekklesia)
Sadly, because of the age old hatred of the Jewish people and faulty Christian theology for almost 1900 years, much of the Church has no connection at all to the true Kahal – Ekklesia, and this has very serious implications, creating the question “can you really have a relationship with the GOD of Israel if have no relationship with the nation or people of Israel ?”
The LORD bless you as you bless Israel by standing in defense of her right to exist on all of the land given to the Jewish people by the GOD of Israel. Please pray that all Israel will turn back to their GOD. Do not be silent, but share this with your fellow Christians, share it with your pastors, and with anyone you have a chance to speak to. Lets also pray for a breakthrough to the Muslims, and please remember to pray Divine protection for all of the soldiers in the IDF.
Shabbat Shalom ….. David & Josie
This Week’s News Items
1. Rockets Fired from Gaza Two Nights in a Row World Israel News Aug 17th
On Saturday night, the IDF issued a statement regarding a rocket alert sounded in Israel?s south, announcing that ?three rockets were fired from Gaza into Israel.? ?Two were shot down by the Iron Dome,? the statement explained. Saturday night?s rocket attack arrived just a day after Palestinian terrorists fired at least two rockets at Israeli territory on Friday evening. With regard to that attack, the Iron Dome system intercepted one of the rockets, and two Israelis were lightly injured running to bomb shelters on, but no other injuries from that attack surfaced. During the attack on Saturday night, Palestinian terrorists in Gaza launched at least three rockets at Israel, with the Iron Dome shooting down two of them. Metal shrapnel was discovered outside a home in the southern Israeli town of Sderot, which caused property damage. The IDF responded on Friday night and early Saturday morning to the first rocket attack this weekend, striking two underground sites belonging to Hamas. The rocket attacks were launched just days after two separate incidents in which armed Palestinian terrorists attempted to infiltrate Israeli territory by breaching the security barrier between Gaza and Israel. During one of the incidents, the terrorists carried rocket-propelled grenade launchers and assault rifles, among other weapons and supplies. Pray that the IDF continues to neutralise the people responsible for launching any kind of attack against Israel.
2. Attempt to Kidnap IDF Soldier Foiled Arutz 7 News Aug 16th
Muslim Arabs attempted Thursday last week, to kidnap an IDF soldier traveling home on leave. The soldier, who is serving in the IDF’s Givati Brigade, said the kidnapping attempt occurred at Har Keren Junction in southern Israel. A vehicle with dark windows stopped beside the soldier and its passengers offered him a ride. When the soldier ignored their offers, they exited the vehicle and tried to force him into it. In response, the soldier cocked his weapon and another citizen arrived to try to block their vehicle. The suspects then escaped the scene. The IDF does not allow its soldiers to hitchhike, due to the constant threat that soldiers will be kidnapped. Military police sometimes pick up soldiers and pretend to kidnap them, and any soldier caught is severely punished. Commanders also go over the rules before soldiers leave the base, reminding them that accepting rides is strictly prohibited. Please pray protection over all IDF soldiers as they travel between their homes and their bases
3. Terrorists Eliminated While Attempting to Cross Gaza Border into Israel World Israel News Aug 17th
Three armed terrorists planning an attack in Israel were eliminated on the Gaza-Israel border. ?We just identified a number of armed suspects from Gaza approaching the security fence with Israel. We fired towards them,? the Israel Defense Forces tweeted Saturday night. The suspects turned out to be four terrorists who planned to carry out an attack in Israel. An IDF attack helicopter and tank fired on the terrorists, the IDF reported. Tensions have risen on the Gaza border. However, the ?March of Return,? which takes place weekly on the Gaza border in which 1,000s of Gazans riot was reported as not being any more violent than usual this Friday. Instability has also returned to Judea and Samaria. A terrorist rammed a Jewish brother and sister with a stolen car on Friday. They were heading to a family holiday. They are in the hospital in serious condition. The terrorist was shot and killed by an off-duty police officer who happened to be on-scene.That incident followed the killing of a Jewish student earlier this month. He was stabbed to death and left by the side of the road near the school where he studied. At least one of the two killers belonged to Hamas. They have been apprehended. Pray that all of Israel’s borders are safe and secure against all forms of attack.
4. Teenage Victim of Car Ramming In Serious but Stable Condition INN News Aug 19th
The condition of Nahum Nevies, the 17-year-old boy who was injured last Friday in a car ramming attack in Samariais still very serious, but he is now stable. On Sunday, Nahum experienced a physical response to pain. He is still sedated and on a respirator in the intensive care unit. However, a statement from the hospital clarified that Nahum is still in very serious condition and his life is still in danger. Nahum’s sister Noam, who was also injured in the ramming attack, is now considered to be lightly to modrately injured. The family requested that the public continue praying for Nahum Elimelech son of Zahava Rivka, and Noam daughter of Zahava Rivka. Nahum and Noam were injured early Friday afternoon when a terrorist rammed his car into them as they made their way to a protected bus stop near the town of Elazar in Gush Etzion. Noam suffered abrasions and injuries to her limbs, while Nahum suffered a skull fracture and brain hemorrhage. An off-duty police officer neutralized the terrorist. Please pray for a mraculous healing for Hoam & Hahaum and pray for the salvation of the entire family.
5. US Politicians Plan to Harm Israel Backfires
After US Rep. Rashida Tlaib (Dem.) was barred from entering Israel because of her stated intentions to raise support for anti-Israel boycotts, she submitted a request to visit her 90-year-old grandmother who lives in the Palestinian-controlled territories near to the outskirts of Jerusalem. Israel?s ultra-Orthodox Interior Minister Aryeh Deri sent immediate approval for the Muslim official to come and spend all the time she wants with her aging relative. But then Tlaib had a sudden change of mind, saying that in the end she would not enter Israel ?under these oppressive conditions.? Because of her Israel-hatred, Tlaib was sure that Israel would deny her request to visit her grandmother, and wanted to use the denial of her ?humanitarian? appeal to show the world the ?inhumanity and injustice? of what she calls ?Israel?s oppressive regime.? But her cynical attempt to draw Israel into another anti-Semitic fake news cycle backfired when the Orthodox Jewish minster welcomed her with open arms to be with her grandmother. Now it just looks like Tlaib hates Israel more than she loves her elderly grandmother. Pray that these anti Israel politicians repent or are removed from office
6. Israel Plans to Assist Civilians to Leave Gaza and Samaria Israel Today News Aug 20
Israel?s Security Cabinet has been working over the past year to help people to leave the Gaza Strip, never to return. According to government sources involved in the discussions, the plan to assist Gazans to emigrate was approved by PM Netanyahu. More than 35,000 Palestinians left Gaza with no intention of returning during 2018. ?We consider this an extremely large number of emigrants,? an official told reporters during Netanyahu?s recent trip to Kiev. The official reported that Israel is ready to pay all expenses incurred in helping residents to leave Gaza to another country willing to absorb them. The Security Cabinet has been communicating with numerous Middle East countries, but not a single one has been found willing to help the Gazans get out of the overcrowded, war-torn Hamas terrorist haven. Israel has even put in place a plan to allow Gazans to use an Israel Air Force base in the south of the country to fly the emigrants out of the country, but since no other country has been willing to receive them, the plan has yet to be implemented. The large number of emigrants leaving Gaza do so of their own accord once they find a country willing to absorb them. In a similar effort, a Messianic Jewish lobby located in Washington, has been pushing a plan to offer young Arabs living in the Biblical territories of Judea and Samaria significant financial incentives to relocate to another country, thereby creating a majority of Jewish residents in the disputed areas. Today, there are about 2.5 million Arabs living in Judea and Samaria, while approximately 380,000 Israeli settlers reside there. ?Over 10 years, by helping fund economic opportunities outside the land, there could be approximately one million Palestinians and one million Jews living in Judea and Samaria, creating a whole new reality on the ground,? Pray that a large number of Arabs will take up Israel’s offer to relocate to other countries, thereby positively changing the demographics.
7. Burning of Heifer Takes Place in Preparation for Third Temple INN News Aug 15
A major step was made towards reinstating the Temple service: after an intensive study into the practical details, an actual heifer, albeit not a red one, was burned in precisely the manner that will enable the Jewish people to be purified. Chapter 19 of the Book of Numbers gives an in-depth description of the Mitzvah (Torah commandment) of the burning of the red heifer and subsequent mixing with water for the purpose of sprinkling on the Jews as a means of ritual purification from contact with a dead body. Despite the Biblical description, the Mitzvah of the red heifer is considered the most enigmatic of all the Biblical commandments. The red heifer is essential to the restoration of the Temple service. The return of the mitzvah of the red heifer is described by the Prophet Ezekiel as a stage in the final redemption. The design of the entire experiment took many months, and the implementation itself was carried out far from the eye of the public and the media.